Monday, October 20, 2008

Waiting.

The weekend was relaxing and a bit chilly (at least while the fog was in). I finally knuckled down and made myself apply for some design teams for a couple websites I really like. It'll be days before I hear anything one way or the other and I can't stand it. I just want to know. Patience is definitely a virtue I admire in other people. Ha!

One of the scrap pages I did this weekend:

I had a pretty good time making a mess in the living room. I moved all of my scrapbooking stuff into the dining room area of our apartment and called it good. No point in going crazy with setting stuff up if we'll be moving... (maybe).

In other news, T. has a job interview for a software firm in San Francisco and Sunnyvale. He had the phone interview last week and talked to the group manager for an hour (a long time for a weed-out phone interview). He got a "call back" via email Friday night and will be going in this coming Friday. Again, more waiting. I'm just too happy that he's still excited about this prospect and company. He's had some other phone interviews that just didn't work out. The work wasn't interesting or what-have-you. This time around seems perfect. He already knows the language and system they use (Yeah!) and he has experience with the customer base they are trying to get.

The company he works for now is publishing their quarterly earnings tomorrow. It doesn't sound good and there are rumors - as always - flying that layoffs are coming around (again!). A whole year of suspense and worry - I just want it to end... (Well, end well for us, I mean.) Hm.

Plans for this week include... going to the pumpkin patch and getting some good photos, dragging out my lighting kit and working on self-portraits and doing some housework (possibly). I don't want to over do it.

No comments: