Friday, April 17, 2009

End to week 4.

Not the best week for me, I'll be honest. The muscles around my knee started twitching on Tuesday and got worse Wednesday so I didn't go jogging instead I went to the gym and used the elliptical machine and lifted weights in a circuit. I think I did a bit too much or I should have taken Wednesday off completely because yesterday I could barely walk at all. I took a short walk in the morning just to get out but it was uncomfortable and movement required thinking... not good.

Felt much better today but again no jogging. I went to the gym and used the elliptical machine instead and then did my push ups and some weight training (same as Wednesday). I'm not too surprised about the knee issues as I had problems walking correctly as a kid (I actually had to think about it because my feet rolled in). Physical therapy and orthodics have helped me correct the issue. It's barely noticeable these days. Even still, my mom (a nurse) did warn me it could happen when I told her I had taken up jogging. I'll talk to her about it this weekend... worse comes to worse I'll go back to the treadmill and just do different settings more often for some challenge.

Laundry is done so off I go.

No comments: