Saturday, February 21, 2009

7 goals for next week.

Last night while I was trying to sleep, I thought about things that I would like to accomplish or complete during the next 7 days. I need some motivation and I thought maybe if I put it in writing where someone might see it I'd be more likely to follow through. Honestly, I doubt anyone would read it really because I don't think I gave any of my friends or family the link so all the pity reads are out and I doubt my ramblings are interesting enough for some person who is just humming along looking for some entertainment. But maybe I'm just being negative. Hm. I'll think on that and get back to you.

Anyway, the list of stuff:

  1. I will exercise for an hour a day Monday through Friday (and my afternoon walk - weather permitting - does not count.
  2. I will write something (not including my attempts at blogging) an hour a day.
  3. I will send out 5 resumes to interesting jobs I want during the week or failing that will blog about my failure on Friday afternoon.
  4. I will make a good, healthy dinner at least three nights next week.
  5. I will turn off the Law & Order - or NCIS or Monk - marathon after one episode and accomplish something else on my list.
  6. I will clean the apartment without whining to myself about how much it sucks.
  7. I will read a book on a hobby or software program I am interested in learning more about everyday before I read my novel.
So there you have it. Let's see what I can get myself to do and how well I do it. I wonder if I can get paid for accomplishing my weekly goals. If this works, maybe I'll do it next week too.

Anyway, T's parents will be here soon for lunch so I'm off.

No comments: