Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday

Being unemployed isn't too bad when money issues aren't a concern (at least not an overwhelming concern). We're lucky to be comfortable and we have a cushion so if T does get laid-off we'd be okay. After reading some articles recently, I've become aware of just how uncommon being able to say that is. We're not saving as much as we should, but we are saving. I cook dinner every night during the week and we're more careful about costs when dining out and shopping.

Some days I wish I had a job so that things would be even more secure and I'd have less to worry about. But (isn't there always one of those?) I've really begun to enjoy all this free time I have during the week. I get so much done freeing us up for fun stuff together on the weekends.

I've sent out one resume/application this week for a part-time job at a local community college that could be very interesting. I'm also researching photography programs nearby. I have no desire to do another 4-year degree. I already have one. I've taken some community college classes off and on and I think that might be the way to go. One of the schools near T's parents has a certificate program that I am going to look more into in the coming weeks. It's about an hour away but I could probably put something together that doesn't overwhelm me or stick me in too much traffic for too long.

This week, I focused on reading more about photography and next week I'm going to reread the same book and start on the chapter assignments. I'll post a review when I'm done the first one.

I think I'll give myself some scrapbooking time as well - we'll see though.

No comments: