Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Job interview.

Well, it's been an eventful week and it's only Wednesday.

I started my 5:30 a.m. bootcamp on Monday. The first day was pretty easy as we just went over the basic routine and then did some stretches, a few exercises and then jogged a bit. Today was much harder. I know I'll definitely feel it more tomorrow. We had our assessment this morning so we can see how where we stand after the bootcamp is over in 4 weeks. Some of the exercises (timed for 1 minute) were easier than others. Some I've never done before and I definitely need to work on my push-up form. T thinks I'm nuts (our other friends agree) but I think it'l be good for me.

I have a job interview in an hour and half at a temp agency. I haven't temped in a long time so I'm not quite sure what to expect. I know they will test me in a bunch of software (microsoft mainly) and then some other things. FUN. Not really, but at least I've done it before so I'm not too worried about it - granted it's been seven years.

My main concern is that at my old job we wore jeans and t-shirts most days so I don't really have any office appropriate clothes (one pair of gray slacks and a top and a jacket or a dress that might be too fancy - I'm thinking the first outfit). I think that's my biggest concern actually - that I might not look professional. T says it'll be fine.

I hope so.

My new cellphone should be here sometime today. I'm looking forward to getting it. My old one has been dead almost a week now. Not good, especially if I'm going to be driving to various jobs for work.

Mom was suppose to start back to work yesterday so I was planning on calling her this morning, but, because of the interview, I'll wait until tomorrow. I'm assuming she's still on the 3 to 11 shift at the nursing home.

A is in Ireland. She sent me her address so I'll have to send her a postcard or mail in the coming days so she doesn't feel unloved.

Now, I'm just stalling. I don't want to get ready for the interview. I'm calling it nerves. Could be exhaustian from getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to run around and torture myself.

No comments: